• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1009 fuel injectors

68impalass

I'd like to get a new (rebuilt) set of injectors for my 6.2 but everybody asks if they are coarse thread or fine thread. Anyone know if the J code engine is coarse or fine? How about a good source for the injectors? E-bay maybe? thanks much

mangus580

course vs fine thread is based mostly off the year. Early 6.2's (81, 82) were course, I think everything after was fine thread. A good diesel shop should know the answer for this.

rod

Speaking of injectors.

My 1984 1009 runs fine with no problems but is a lot louder than other M1009s. I have been around. One of the guys who has been around said that he bet I had injectors from 6.5L engine which would make my 6.2L louder.

My engine gets quite while accelerating or deaccelerating but just cruzing down the highway whether it be 35, 45 or 65, the engine is loud.

Last week at the Georgia show, there were 3 or 4 CUCVs and mine was the loudest of all.

Any ideas?

rod

Why would my 84 1009 be a lot louder than another 84 1009? Last week I drove my 1009 to meet a few guys for dinner. My buddy parked his m1009 right next to mine. I could stand in front of his 1009 at the brushguard . Both engines were running. even though I was 6 - 8 feet closer to his M1009, Mine was still louder.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

rod

Both engines appear to be stock. Do not see anything different. Only thing mine has the Civilian intake silencer of a civilian truck. But mu engine was jsut as loud before I installed the intake silencer.