• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1009 painted in 34052

mark69k20

This post is for anyone looking to change up the paint on there cucv. I really didn't like the Rapco 383 by it self... this MC forest green 34052 is growing on me. I just got done w/ it today so it my fade a bit as it cures. Hope this helps someone else out as i didn't find any CUCV pics with this paint.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks nice. Did you add hardener? Almost looks like 24052 with that sheen. I painted my M887 that color and as far as I'm concerned, just about every thing else I paint will be 34052.

mark69k20

Looks nice. Did you add hardener? Almost looks like 24052 with that sheen. I painted my M887 that color and as far as I'm concerned, just about every thing else I paint will be 34052.

No hardener.... i used mineral spirits to thin and sprayed. I had good luck in the past so i stuck w/ it

Pawnshop

Looks sharp, I saw a couple of M1008 at Ft. Sam last year painted that color, I think a SS member ended up with one of them. I posted a thread about them a while back, for the life of me I can't kind it OR my photos, my search fu is weak...

blitzengine

Your truck looks good, you did a great job. My M1009 has the same color as yours, I bought it that way but mine it does not look as good as yours. :(

:beer:

mark69k20

Your truck looks good, you did a great job. My M1009 has the same color as yours, I bought it that way but mine it does not look as good as yours. :(

:beer:
Mine only looks that good after inner and outter rockers, new inner fenders and lots for repair work on door bottoms, floors, fenders etc... I have alot of time into this truck.
The paint is growing on me... my 1028 may get camo pattern later on in its life but that is time consuming work to get the pattern on right.

mark69k20

Reduce your paint with thinner and it dries faster and doesn't leave it shiny at all. I learned this the hard way now all I use is thinner.
CT[thumbzup]
Any particular brand or just "paint thinner"? 4-1 ratio?
I used this Gillespie paint on 3 vehicles w/ spirits....all had that shine for a while
I just read that Gillespie/ rapco recommends xylene to thin with...
What are the rest of you using?

CUCV85

This post is for anyone looking to change up the paint on there cucv. I really didn't like the Rapco 383 by it self... this MC forest green 34052 is growing on me. I just got done w/ it today so it my fade a bit as it cures. Hope this helps someone else out as i didn't find any CUCV pics with this paint.
Any particular brand or just "paint thinner"? 4-1 ratio?
I used this Gillespie paint on 3 vehicles w/ spirits....all had that shine for a while
I just read that Gillespie/ rapco recommends xylene to thin with...
What are the rest of you using?
Looks great little bro [thumbzup] Need ya to paint mine next time you come up home. Post should have been titled AF man - paints Wife's 10 09 - MC Green, Risks 4 point of contact!
Hope she likes the color
or your getting your 6 TANNED rofl

Rich Johnson

That looks really good. I have not had good luck with Rapco paints life in the sun. I have painted my M37 twice with the 24087 using mineral spirits once and adding hardner the second time. Both times, two years in the sun and every horizantal surface has faded severly as well as gone flat. Where as the verticle surfaces are still semi gloss right on color.
I dont think Im going to use their semi glos any more. When I wanted 686 tan for my 1008 I just went and got real 686 CARC.