• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1009 Sliding Side Windows

ssdvc

Other than the junkyard (no luck there yet) does anyone know of a source for these windows? Thanks.

Barrman

I thought I wanted them as well. Until I found a guy with 8 K5 civi blazers. 5 had the slider side windows. All the sliders themselves were broken in some way or another. I just wanted a matched set and couldn't find it. I also noticed all of the slider trucks had rusted out floors with molded carpets. The solid glass trucks didn't have rusted floors.

Yes, it is hotter in the summer. However, my stuff will stay dry, my floor won't rust out and there are two less ways to break into the truck. Just my thoughts.

ssdvc

maybe I should just do a power rear window instead? How hard would that be and would it be cheaper or more expensive?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Find a donor Suburban tail gate (more of them than the Blazer that I have seen) and run the wiring to the front. Not to hard.

combatmech

I had been kicking aroudn the idea...the windows are expensive, that and mine dont leak at the moment. Who knows...maybe WAY down the restoration road

topgun217

I was lucky and found good slider windows at the junk yard for $35. Maybe I'm lucky, but mine don't leak a bit. I love having the sliders open in the summer. A friend of mine just did the power rear window switch over on his k-5, all I can say is, hope you have skinny arms and small hands and lots of time, its a very small tight space.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks