• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1009 Starter Rebuild - Detroit Area

vdub418

I just had my 86 M1009 non shim starter rebuilt and they did an awesome job! I took my old one in and they basically had to replace all the guts. The armature was shot, the brush holder was melted (could have guessed seeing as there was no starter relay under the dash), she was pretty much toast! These guys know what they are doing, they are an old school shop and they do everything right. I found them through a local auto supplier (Mid Five Auto). I didn't want the Napa China junk, I wanted MY starter rebuilt so I would know it's the right one! Cost me $205.77 out the door and it was rebuilt locally - in AMERICA! Can't beat that! 1 year warranty but I'm sure I won't need it. Just wanted to spread the word, it's hard to find a good supplier.

Oddly enough the idiots at Pep Boys couldn't get their head around the 24 volt idea!

Huge thanks going out to doghead for the starter relay mod, she works like a charm!

Don Duff Rebuilding
31130 Industrial Rd
Livonia, MI 48150-2034

Phone: (734) 522-7700

Armada

Super Starter Shop in Flint, MI is the same type of quality rebuilder. Alternators too. I've been using them for years. They used to do stuff for the ANG so they are very familiar with 24vs, isolated grounds, etc. Very reasonable prices too.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Super Starter Shop in Flint, MI is the same type of quality rebuilder. Alternators too. I've been using them for years. They used to do stuff for the ANG so they are very familiar with 24vs, isolated grounds, etc. Very reasonable prices too.
Man they do it Right the first time. Thank you for the post.

84 M1009
86 M1028A2
95 M915A3 sold/ 6/28/2008

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks