• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

100dollarman's 1st bobbed M35a3!

RogerSP

Great looking deuce!

Have you shipped any of your trucks to the North East? Cost?

What are the dimensions of the bed after it was cut?

I'm looking for a rig that can be used in place of a RV with capability of handling off road. I don't necessarily need a house on wheels but storage, comfortable sleeping area and some luxury is nice.

I was considering running a M416 trailer, with a RTT behind my Tacoma but putting it on a trailer behind a rig with a good shelter sounds more appealing.

Thanks and keep up the excellent work!

100dollarman

Great looking deuce!

Have you shipped any of your trucks to the North East? Cost?

What are the dimensions of the bed after it was cut?

I'm looking for a rig that can be used in place of a RV with capability of handling off road. I don't necessarily need a house on wheels but storage, comfortable sleeping area and some luxury is nice.

I was considering running a M416 trailer, with a RTT behind my Tacoma but putting it on a trailer behind a rig with a good shelter sounds more appealing.

Thanks and keep up the excellent work!

Thank you-
Shipping rates can be quite wide in range-- always a good idea to shop and get the best price.

Bed is 9'

100dollarman

As usual you have outdone yourself Mark. Nice looking truck. When they get the big tires it takes away from the ........front end. So what did she run top end with the 46's?
Thx JR- This was the nicest driving bobber so far! I was pressed for time-- we finished thurs nite and delivered fri morning. I didnt (but should have) do a gps speed run on her.
Those are not 46"----- they are 14.00-20s (we call them 49, but they measure about 48")

jollyroger

Nice!!! That's why it looked so big and bad. Now I really want to know what it would run top end. If it gets out toward Interstate speed it might make it worthwhile for me to own one. I have some friends interested in the Automatic in the truck but not if all they get is 50MPH. We gotta be able to chug alug down the big roads here about 65 or you get run down. LEO's like to write obstruction of traffic tickets, can't blame them, on roads with 65 or more speed limit. Is there any way, when you get a chance in your spare time:D to find out how many knots she makes all wound up. Thanks Hundy.

100dollarman

Nice!!! That's why it looked so big and bad. Now I really want to know what it would run top end. If it gets out toward Interstate speed it might make it worthwhile for me to own one. I have some friends interested in the Automatic in the truck but not if all they get is 50MPH. We gotta be able to chug alug down the big roads here about 65 or you get run down. LEO's like to write obstruction of traffic tickets, can't blame them, on roads with 65 or more speed limit. Is there any way, when you get a chance in your spare time:D to find out how many knots she makes all wound up. Thanks Hundy.

She would run 65mph- for sure

Expendable

I have seen quite a few of your threads on pirate4x4 and other sites.

I have been waiting for you to do an A3 bobbed. would you be able to Bob an A3 and keep the CTIS running? i understand you would more than likely have to keep the original wheels or run a set up like the AM General Hummers and have an external CTIS line.

100dollarman

I have seen quite a few of your threads on pirate4x4 and other sites.

I have been waiting for you to do an A3 bobbed. would you be able to Bob an A3 and keep the CTIS running? i understand you would more than likely have to keep the original wheels or run a set up like the AM General Hummers and have an external CTIS line.

I think so-- sure.

Flat Black

forgive me for thinking on this or maybe asking a dumb question, but why in the world would the Army be getting rid of A3's when they are are only a dozen years old or so? I can see A2s and all the older stuff for sure, though it does make more sense to maintain or reman something than to build a new truck. Further, I assume, they are selling A3s for a fraction of what they cost new, losing even more money..

I digress....

mudguppy

it might be because, regardless of calendar age, they are technological / capability / reliability / functionality dinosaurs compared to the LMTVs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks