• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

101A2 Parts Compatability Question

1956_4x4

Are the bows and cover for a 101A2 and a 105 trailer the same? Do any of the parts interchange or they two totally different animals? I just picked up a 101A2 to go behind my 1031 and need to get up to speed on the trailers.

Smitty

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may be able to make the bows work becuse the wood is straight. Who knows, they may work as is. The tops are different length for sure.

papercu

bows

They will interchange but like Kenny said you will need to trim the wood some if going from the M105 to the M101.
The newer metal top bows just have a different set of bolt holes to take care of this. The picture is from the M105. Wayne

Attachments

1956_4x4

Thanks guys. I need to start lining up some parts sources. I submitted the EUC this week and should be getting the trailers after it's approved. Are the components to install a top impossible to find?

Smitty

1956_4x4

My EUC was finally approved and I brought home the first 101A2 yesterday. I was surprised at how well it hides behind the 1031, I can't even see it in the mirrors while I'm driving.

The first one has complete side racks while the second is missing the end gates. It looks like I'm going to need 2 sets of bows, 2 covers, and one set of end gates. There is a slight bend in the drawbar of one trailer, so a little metal work is in order.

I will be going back up to Montomery to pick up the second trailer next week. Is there anywhere in that area that I might be able to pick up some of the parts I need to complete the repairs on these trailers?

Smitty

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks