• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1028 doesn't like to shift

scrambled

I bought a 1028 from GL in Warner Robins back in Jan. I picked it up last week. with a couple of optimas, new glow plugs, and a glow plug solenoid, It fired right up.

on the test drive, it wouldn't shift up from first gear. The governor seems to work fine, and the modulator valve is good, but it only wants to shift if you slap it into reverse for a milisecond and back into drive. Not for the weak of heart!

The trans has new fluid in it, and it looks like someone else had pulled the gov and modulator. I am not sure if it was the original trans though. The bed is from a different truck, and the sun visor has a sticker detailing how to use the pto.

I wonder if my uncle sam built the truck from parts that weren't any good just to have it complete.

Now I have to figure if it is gonna get a rebuilt trans or a 700r4.

Just rambling after a long night of driving at too many rpms around the neighborhood at night...

travis

markinnh

check vac at modulator warmed up and idling...12-14 inches is good...if not vac pump adj procedure in the book er manual...good luck