• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1031 gets new interior

ranchhopper

I bought a 1031 without the service body on it so I installed a pick up body on it and like most military trucks its like riding around in an empty pop can because there is nothing inside to muffle the road noise. I made an interior kit for my GMC 7000 fire truck I custom made into a pick up so I decided to make one for the 1031 its basically the same cab .

Attachments

79Vette

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The headliner is the stock fiberglass backing out of another truck I glued it to the backing and used the buttons to make sure it wont sag.
Ok nice. That's what I have in mind for my build.
Is there a particular adhesive you have had good luck with? I have a can of 3M "headliner adhesive", but I haven't tried it yet

vanaisa

3M adhesive works well. Atleast on my old Cadillac with sagging headliner. Key word is to clean base carton (or whatever materiali it is) good and apply clue as 3M described - on both materials etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks