• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Derrick, that truck looks awesome. I wish you luck with it. Hopefully, it will start right up! I know a Stewart and Stevenson tech if you have any questions.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You are now a member of a very exclusive club. Congrats!

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe all FMTV's have a hole in the cab for a gun ring. But I have only seen a couple soft skin trucks that actually had the gun ring installed. I think it's a standard m66 ring.
Most of the soft cabs are designed for it to be readily accessable. I've never seen one on a Wrecker, but no reason why it couldn't be installed. Depends on the MTOE of the unit, how many weapons systems and rings are allocated per PLT/Shop/Section etc... My last real company (IE where I was a company officer) had a few LMTVs and MTVs (standard Cargo config) with them installed.

BTW, nice score on it! looks like it matches your other truck too! Mostly tan with just a bit of woodland!:-D

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Ok, with that in mind, how silly would it be for me to install a gun ring on my M936A1? :whistle:

Anyway, the cabover trucks haven't won me over yet, but I have to admit that M1089 looks pretty cool. Well, aside from being painted the wrong color except for the driver's door. :razz:

I am looking forward to seeing pictures with the various hydraulic bits actuated! I have not been up close to any of the FMTV trucks yet, so I am pretty curious about how the controls and running gear all work, especially on your wrecker variant.