• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

105 cover tie down help

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tried a search...nuttin'. Looked in the manual in the TM section, has a pic of the knots for the cover from far away! I tried tying them like the deuce, but they come loose. Anyone got a close up pic and maybe a helpful walkthru on securing the cover to the hooks?

acetomatoco

RE: tie

On the M105 he probably has the flat stock type tiedown anchors... two wraps and a couple half hitches should keep the ropes on them...most important to go around and retighten after a few miles.

KaiserM109

I don't know what the Army suggests, but I go back to my Boy Scout days. I have always used a double halfhitch for tying off tarp lashings. I have 2 M105s and and an M101 and except for a couple of short ropes, it works great. I have pulled the M101 around a lot and no flapping.

Thanks papercu for the information on how to use the loops on a deuce.

Arlyn

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't even re check this thread! After a bit of trial and error, decided on a clove hitch...works good, doesn't come loose but comes undone easily when you want it to and works with the short ropes.