• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

105 recovery

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe it should work. I got mine from Tractor Supply. It has worked perfectly on numerous occasions. Good luck!

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BKubu,

I also just won a M105 trailer, and today bought a 10-ton Reese pintle hook from Tractor Supply. I've heard of some folks here not having their trailer ring fit their hook. Is the 15-ton hook larger, or is the 10-ton hook OK?

LibertyDeuce

105 Recovery

Looks like the same one I bought at Tractor Supply. Hauled home a M200A1 and a M103A3 over 300 miles for both and had no problem with the pintle hook.
:grin:

zb39

Curious, do you guys put a plate on the trailer or anything??? I thought PA required it.:roll:

jimm1009

105 Lunette Ring

Here is a single picture of the M105A1 hooked to the M35A2C Deuce.

The Lunette ring is 1 5/8" diameter. The outside diamter of the ring is 6 1/4".
The inside diameter of the ring is 2 7/8".
The bottom portion of the pintle hook on the duece is 2 3/4" wide and 2 1/2" long or front to rear. This allows for about 1/8" clearance (side to side) when coupled to the deuce.
If you need more info I an get it but this should work.
The improtant part is that what ever pintle you choose, the clearance should be the same or slightly more. I would recommend adding a little grease to the bottom the ring if the hook is brand new to allow a more gentle break-in but that is up to you.
Jim

Attachments

Last edited:

spentshell

All systems go for my trailer recovery tomorrow in Mechanicsburg. IRWFO and I are shovin out at 0300 for the 4 hour ride, first appointment of the day(what was I thinking). I think we have everything covered, tools,spare tire,floor jack, bottle jack, magnetic tow lights, 12" lifted pintle adapter. I promised him breakfest at craker barrel if we get out of there on time and a quick stop at Cabelas which is never quick. If any one needs something looked at let me know and we can scope it out.

chvss65

I use a high lift Jack for these truck tows, that way if something goes wrong you have all the adjustment from the ground to 4 ft high.

IRWFO

The Uneventful Trailer Recovery:-D

Spentshell and I left 3am this morning for PA to pick up his GL win. Yesterday we spent a good deal of time packing everything we would need incase of a breakdown. Spare tire, tools, straps, jacks, you name it. We got there 4 hours later right in time. Found everybody we needed to talk to right away. Got to the trailer and it was in fantastic shape. Hook up went without any problems. Cracker Barrel breakfast tasted great. The trip home was smooth. All in all a good trip but nothing really to talk about.

Oh, we did get passed by what looked like a brand new Hummer. It looked showroom new. Plus going the other way was a Convoy of about 10 big trucks. I snapped the last photo of the tail end truck. There were three of them.

Here are some photos of the trailer and some trucks on the lot.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks