• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

105 trailer wheel adapter,HOW TO?

donaldl

Hi everyone,Just hauled a 105 trailer 80 miles with a Toyota pick-up.It trailed well ,but what a sight!
I did not know it has 20" tires.I need to find or make an adapter for swapping to 15" rims.Can anyone give me info on this? Thanks,Don L.

AndrewH

Pull the wheel off and measure, I'm not sure 15 inch rims will go over the drums. They might, I'm just too lazy to go measure mine right now.....:D

Andrew

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The easiest way to use a M105 with a Toyota is to install a "For Sale" sign until you can buy a M101.

Sephirothq

that trailer weights about 2200 lbs empty

with no brakes that trailer can get you in trouble quick

things you can do

1. flip the lunette

2. change out your axle with a different one
preferable with brakes

3. take out every other leaf in the spring pack, leave the helpers in place

I have done this on two of my trailers to use behind a 2500 dodge.

Let me know if you have other questions.

3dAngus

Yeah, you bought the wrong trailer. Sorry.

The other option is you could get a Deuce to pull it with. That trailer is to high and probably to heavy (loaded) for your toyota. I wouldn't max it out with 5500 pound or so just because the book says you can (highway).

But most important, make sure it is level if you are going to use it. When you try to lower it, you need do some serious research on tires for which you use to make sure they will carry the load. It is just a single axle and the tires/wheels may not come close to the axle spec.

If you don't do it right, you can't sell it. Someone has a problem with the unit that is modded with smaller tires, and they can come back to you on it.

There are a lot of reasons why it makes sense just to leave it as it is, or sell it and go with the M101.

And finally, You can buy a riser for your pintle hitch receiver that will raise the pintle hitch as much as 12" above your 2" receiver from Northern Tools. That would help some. They come in the 5K pull area and 8K capacity as well.

donaldl

Well, I admit it was an impulse buy.I see no reason why the spring pack can't be rotated to mount below the axle.Yet advice on abandoning it is what I will do.Thanks all Don L.

AndrewH

Abandoning it? No, the problem is clear to me now.... The trailer is not too big, the truck is too SMALL! You just need a deuce to solve this problem! :-D I'm sure if you had a deuce in front of the trailer all would be well.

Andrew

Scarecrow1

I know how you feel I have a 101A1 That is a little on the tall side for a S10 blazer to look rite pulling . But I love the thing and with a few adjustments like a high rise hitch and some air shocks on the rear of the blazer it will look as great as it pulls . There is always someone in your area that my buy it from you and then go and get you a 101A2 or A3 . They are truly great trailers and mine never sits still for more than a week before I find a reason to hook it up and show it off full camo and canvas too :beer:

DesertDutchman

ANyone have pics of HMMV 37's on bolster wheels on an M105? My F350 is lifted 10" and this would make a good compliment and level trailer height.....trying to get started on this project trailer.....

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get rid of that Toyota & get a Dodge with a Cummins diesel. I LOVE towing my M105 with mine....I can fit my quad into it just fine & even a side-by-side. Plus gear & fuel. The M105 tows great behind a Dodge 4x4 with Cummins diesel.

I hear they tow great behind Ford Super Duties as well.

:mrgreen:

Attachments