• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

106mm recoilless rifle progress

nickd

I located an NOS magazine well for the spotter rifle. The spotter rifle receiver was cut in half at the magazine well and half of the well was missing. I needed the new one inorder to piece the receiver back together at the proper legth for display purposes. After cutting and grinding to fit the pieces it went back together. The pictures will tell the story.

Attachments

nickd

I wrestled the 106 on to its mount last night. I have some touch up painting to do and need to mount the tool box under the bed and it should be good to go. I will post some more pictures tomorrow if all goes well tonite.

nickd

Thanks Chris. This project has been a fun second job. The project is 98% done but ready to roll out at Gibert. This has been a fun project with a few bumps along the way. I have not removed the mule from the garage since the 106 has been installed since I do not need to hear any crap from the neighbors. They questioned the ring mount on my deuce so I cannot imagine what they will say about this! The pictures were taken inside the garage with limited space but you can see how it turned out. I will tarp it this weekend and take it to an area where I can take some better pictures.

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Man Nick, that is great. Now I really hate that I am going to miss the Gilbert show. Do you have any dummy rounds to display with it?

nickd

Yes Chris, I have several practice rounds and 2 spent casings with original heads. I also have 2 rounds in the wooden box and the cardboard tubes. I am missing a site box.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice work. You would think just parking it on the lawn would keep the neighbors quiet!

123mack

Nice project. I've seen these and other RRs subcalibered to 50BMG. One had drilled vents in the 50cal barrel so there would be a backblast. Another had a 12ga insert set up to fire blanks. Speaking of demilled weapons, if anyone runs across demilled 81mm or 4.2" mortar parts, I'm looking to buy.

KaiserM109

Interesting!! Our recon team in the 15th Combat Engineers, 9th Inf. Div. Viet Nam, 1968 , had one of those mounted on the back of an M38. They called it the gun that kills on both ends. You really didn't want to shoot it straight off the back.

chvss65

Nice Job
My ears still hurt from shooting one of those
two pulls and one push to make the flash
still believe Ive got one of those empty 50 shorties for the spotter
some where in the pile

jatonka

How about taking that 106 Mule to the inaugration? I know, you don't want to be the cause of over filling the 5000 portajohns. Just a thought.

nickd

No need for me to be there as there will be 10,000 troops camping out in DC for the duration. $160 million is the amount they admit to spending and no fireworks! Couldn't they find a better use for the money? :idea:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks