• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1097A2 help needed

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There might be 2 on a Late Hmmwv....one on trans wires...I think other at horn wires.
I have used takeoffs.

Maverickjcw

That piece is a large diode of sorts on later model truck, it’s held on via a p-clamp on the TOSS bracket.
It’s not needed, never could get a an answer of what its purpose is.
Your issue is most likely fuel relate, have you:
1. check your fuel pump by opening the water separator?
2.changed fuel filter and inspected for algae?
3. checked fuel tank for algae?
4. removed fuel line feed and return check valves?
I took your suggestion and looked at the fuel system. Right on target!! Two issues causing the problem. Fuel filter canister needed to cleared and filter changed. Also the fuel lines needed to be replaced - brittle and blockage. Runs like it should once again. Thanks

Reactions: 98G

Maverickjcw

I am a little curious how you zeroed in on the transmission? POWER is the engines responsibility, TRANSFER of power is the transmissions responsibility.
I cannot think of a situation that would cause the transmission to consume the power from the engine unless something horrific is going on inside, The transmission can slip, it can also be in limp mode and not shifting correctly, but a loss of power suggests the engine has issues.
Fuel blockage issue. Back to normal. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Maverickjcw

UPDATE: Two issues causing the problem. Fuel filter canister needed to cleared and filter changed. Also the fuel lines needed to be replaced - brittle and blockage. Runs like it should once again. Thanks

Maverickjcw

Yep, sounds like fuel for sure as Coug said it could be a fuel pump, or a restricted fuel system.
If you are getting good pressure to the fuel filter water tap then it could be a plugged return check valve in the IP, that will also cause a loss of power but you should confirm good flow to the IP before worrying about the return.
sure was a fuel problem. Two issues causing the problem. Fuel filter canister needed to cleared and filter changed. Also the fuel lines needed to be replaced - brittle and blockage. Runs like it should once again. Thanks for the help

lpcoating

Supporting Vendor
I'm curious. You stated that the fuel filter was changed in August of this year. Do you have dirt inside of your fuel tank or do you think all of the blockage came from the fuel lines? If so, that's some pretty nasty fuel lines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks