• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

11.00R-16 Michelin XZLs

AJMBLAZER

No problem.

Apparently the mid/late 80's to 94 or so Cherokee XJ's steering shaft is pretty damn near a bolt on swap for our steering shafts. There's several threads about it over on CK5. I know there's at least one stickied thread about it in the Garage.

The thing with my front driveshaft was how little slip spline length I had left. With the suspension completely sagged out it disconnected when I tried to push the axle forwards an inch. I think GM cheaped out and used just slightly more than the bare minimum on the length of the slip splines.

Croatan_Kid

I sent CCATLETT1984 a PM and asked him how he was doing with his lift and if he had any driveshaft issues up front. He said that other than grinding the ears on the CV, everything was fine. Like you said, I think his front springs had a rediculously high rate.....something like 620 IIRC :shock: The ones I was looking at were 495, I might get some like he got, I'm pretty sure that would work just fine for me and not let the tires get up in the fenders.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks