• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

11.00R20 Michelin XL tire pressure?

LHoward

11.20 singles what is the best air pressure to make the life of the tire last?

Last edited by a moderator:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What loads will you be running? Under 1000 pounds in the bed, 1-2 tons in the bed, 4-5 tons in the bed? How much of a load will dictate how much air goes in the tires for optimal life. And it changes, depending on the load and the surface you are driving on. Thus, there is no one answer that is correct for all situations. Please give us more information, or read the links posted for you above to glean an insight.

LHoward

I'm not really planning on hauling anything heavy with it, just riding around in it on the weekends dirt roads and on our hunting land I just don't know anything about Tube type tire's. I have a dump truck that I run so I know about tubeless tires. I have 75 psi in the rears and 90 psi in the front two tires on the Deuce.

Last edited:

RAYZER

On my deuce tractor ww with Xl's, I run 80 psi in the front and 50 in the rear duals, they ride nice and are wearing evenly.

LHoward

My biggest concern was keeping enough air in the tires that the tubes don't start walking in the tire and the thread that Gringletaube helped me find was very helpful, I would like one day to put dual 11.00 R 20 XL on the truck if that is even possible, or any 11.00 20 as far as that goes, I would just like to have dual's on it.

LHoward

I have family in Sanford, FL, and in Satsuma, if you know where that is, I am from Ft. Myers, and moved to GA in 1997. That is a nice looking wrecker that you have.

eagle4g63

Yes you can run those tires dueled in the back...I have them on my truck....and I like them back there. I haven't been running that high of pressure though....on a day to day use I have been only running 50lbs in the rears...been a nice ride and they have been wearing very even.

Attachments

LHoward

That look's great, I'll start looking for wheel's and tires, and I will drop the air pressure in my tires, and( I apologize for asking)

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
On my deuce tractor ww with Xl's, I run 80 psi in the front and 50 in the rear duals, they ride nice and are wearing evenly.
I have mine dual-ed on the 35a2 like Ray and have mine at the same pressure as his, works good for me and easy to steer. 003.jpg

Dipstick

I run the same pressures in my Firestone T-831s. Running at 80 psi in the steers stopped my truck from wandering all over the place. Anything much over 50 psi unloaded in the rears will have you catching air over bumps.

sandcobra164

I have T-831 Firestones on my truck. I'm happy with 90 in the front and 50 in the rear's in dual configuration. I've been told by a friend who followed me 180 miles each way to a GA Rally that I should consider lowering the rear tire pressure as the outer lugs were not touching the pavement at all. I think I'm ok though as they are wearing nicely and not showing any considerable wear at all.

Dipstick

I have T-831 Firestones on my truck. I'm happy with 90 in the front and 50 in the rear's in dual configuration. I've been told by a friend who followed me 180 miles each way to a GA Rally that I should consider lowering the rear tire pressure as the outer lugs were not touching the pavement at all. I think I'm ok though as they are wearing nicely and not showing any considerable wear at all.
Hey Sandy, It's nice to hear from a fellow T-831 owner. Great tires. I'm surprised your outer lugs aren't touching pavement. My dueled F-stones sit dead nuts square on the pavement at 55 psi. Don't know what to say about that. I can tell you that my Ts left some very awesome looking tracks in snow. Brutus and I blasted through snow plow piles as if they weren't even there. Brutus has hydraulic power steering. It's like steering a Toyota Corolla. I just have to remind myself that I'm piloting 6 tons of heavy metal down the road. Hope you are well.