• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

11.0x20 modern replacement

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tried searching, but too many not relevant hits.

The stock army tires on my M51A2 are worn and old. I am looking for a cheap replacement for 8 tires.
Getting fitting rims here for other sizes is close to impossible (read: too bl**dy expensive if available), so I need a modern tire size that fits the stock 11.00x20 rim.

Since a lot of 5-ton owners seem to have different than stock tires, what is a good replacement?

If I am trying to get different rims, what size I need and does any modern truck has such rims that will fit the 5-ton log pattern?

Please, I do not want any special super singles or like that. I want to stick with the original tire size and layout, but getting used stock army tires 11.00x20 here is difficult, and new tires are 300$ a piece; too much for my budget.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
The legendary g177 is probably the single toughest (readily available in most markets) tire you can put on a deuce, price is reasonable (subjective), traction is better than a N(o) D(amn) T(raction) and wear is spectacular. Especially if you adjust your front end properly and also machine the front spring perches, you can get 100k miles or more on a set. They are produced from a very hard compound. Garrett has a set with 80,000+ I believe and still has 50% tread or so left over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks