• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

11.2 Miles Per Gallon in a M923A1?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up my "new" 923A1 at Hooks, TX, pulled PMs and finally got it out of low range and started home. The truck just came out of rebuild with only 36 hours on it. On the trip home I drove about 55 mph, when I checked the mileage I came up with 11.2 miles per gallon! Is this reasonable? I am use to maybe 6 in my 818!
IMG_0659.jpg

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you verify the odo on the truck? I did my MPG's using the ODO on my truck, and came out with just over 4. Redid the MPG using the GPS mileage, and it jumped up to 6.5.

zout

That does seem like a high MPG on the truck. With no load - and doing several tests with how many gallons filled to miles driven is an estimate. My guess its bumping 6 to 6.5. Eleven MPG seems like you have an engine you might not want to let go of.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drove the distance from Hooks to my cabin about 186 miles in one shot, I used a paint stir stick for a measure. I am amazed how well it drives, I hope my 932 does as well, i have new shoes for it!

Attachments

acme66

I got just over 8mpg at the same speeds spread out over a 1000 mile drive in mine on the same tread tires. I was very careful to fill the tank to exactly the same point each time and tracked the milage with a GPS. I think on these there is a big difference in fuel consumption cruising at 1800 rpm (50-55mph) and cruising at 2200 (60-65mph). I had several passes to grind over so if your trip was dead flat your estimate could be high, but not by as much as you might think.

Ken

jdknech

and all 3 have the overdrive transfer case (M939A0 M939A1 and M939A2) as others have said, the first 2 (A0 and A1) have the 250 cummins, and the A2 has the 8.3 turbo cummins the A0 has duals (11.00X20) and the A1 and A2 have singles (14.00X20) and the A2 is the only one with CTIS... its all spelled out very clear in the TM.. if you read it that is..

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ok now i get it all. not 2 trucks but 3 types. thanks guys. i hated that tire inflation system so much im jerking it all off

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck pictured in the first post is an A1, unless it has been tinkered with. A2s have different axles (flat on the bottom) and and a different fuel tank. Being able to see the rear bumperettes or spare tire carrier would also help determine if its a A0 or A1, again, unless its been changed.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
and all 3 have the overdrive transfer case (M939A0 M939A1 and M939A2) as others have said, the first 2 (A0 and A1) have the 250 cummins, and the A2 has the 8.3 turbo cummins the A0 has duals (11.00X20) and the A1 and A2 have singles (14.00X20) and the A2 is the only one with CTIS... its all spelled out very clear in the TM.. if you read it that is..
i only read the tms that are on my truck no need in wasting my time on reading about a truck i dont own.