• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

11" 251 clutch needed

citizensoldier

I am looking for a new 11", 1 3/8 10 spline clutch for my Canadian M37 with the ACME transmission. I would also like to locate a new throw out bearing and pressure plate with the 4 arms " fingers" for it. I know I can have the clutch re-lined but it will take 6 weeks to get it back. Someone has to have one?? I think its the same clutch set up that they used on the later flatfender dodges with the 251 in them. Any info would be appreciated.

blybrook

For rare clutch parts on my Internationals, I've always had good luck with Fort Wayne Clutch. FORT WAYNE CLUTCH and DRIVELINE

They are worth giving a call, they may have what you need in stock & I can't complain about their shipping speed. I had my entire kit in 4 days to AK for a 1/3 of the price that any of the part stores had it listed (for what turned out to be the wrong clutch locally & minus a 2 week wait).

HTH

Bill

citizensoldier

Thanks blybrook I will give it a try. I have also learned that some of the Massey Ferguson tractors took the same clutch set up that I need. I am looking into some of the old tractor sites and parts dealers right now.

zak

Lane I had mine rebuilt in Detroit and picked it up the next day. I don't know if their still there
( 3 yrs Ago) neighborhood was real bad. Bearing was a next day item at the parts house. I think they were still using the 251 in 68 power wagons.

zak

Do these part numbers help?

CLUTCH and RELATED PARTS (251)
Clutch Cover Assembly (11"-10 Splines-1D) ----- Perfection Clutch# - CA1447
Clutch Cover Assembly (11"-10 Splines-1-3/8D) - Perfection Clutch# - CA1433
Clutch Disk (11"-10 Splines-1D) ----- Perfection Clutch# - RCF497
Clutch Disk (11"-10 Splines-1-3/8D) - Perfection Clutch# - RCF441
Clutch Release Bearing Assembly --------------- SKF# - N1459
Clutch Release Bearing ------------------------ NAPA# - N1087, Timken# - 2065
Clutch Pilot Bearing (Crankshaft) ------------- SKF# - B286, BCA# - PB286HD

longshot2171

Don't know if this will help, but maybe NAPA can lookup....
CLUTCH and RELATED PARTS (251)
Clutch Cover Assembly (11"-10 Splines-1D) ----- Perfection Clutch# - CA1447
Clutch Cover Assembly (11"-10 Splines-1-3/8D) - Perfection Clutch# - CA1433
Clutch Disk (11"-10 Splines-1D) ----- Perfection Clutch# - RCF497
Clutch Disk (11"-10 Splines-1-3/8D) - Perfection Clutch# - RCF441
Clutch Release Bearing Assembly --------------- SKF# - N1459
Clutch Release Bearing ------------------------ NAPA# - N1087, Timken# - 2065
Clutch Pilot Bearing (Crankshaft) ------------- SKF# - B286, BCA# - PB286HD

citizensoldier

My CarQuest here can send the clutch to someone in Detroit or Flint but said it took 6 weeks to get the last one back. I had him run searches for a clutch in the 68 Power Wagons with the 251 and it kept coming up as no longer available. Thanks for the part numbers guys I will see what he can do with those. I wondered about some of the newer Mopar V8's but know nothing about them. I do Know Dodge would continue using the same stuff because it was available..

citizensoldier

All of the clutch numbers through CarQuest are coming up a no go. I can get the throw out and pilot bushing through them and have them on the way. I think I will have to just have it re-lined. Does anybody happen to know the model of Massey Ferguson tractor that has the same motor and clutch. He has a very good book/ parts supplier for them but nothing is listed as the 251 Chrysler motor. A model number would narrow it down.

Juskatla

MF 300 Combine

Its a long shot, but I understand that the MF 300 combine ran the 251. That might give you a place to start. Also, the old Tucker Sno Cat models had Chrysler 251 before they switched up to 318's. Don't want to send you down a rat hole, but might give you a toe hold. My CDN Repair manual shows the flywheel is 146 teeth and 11" Borg and Beck clutch but no part numbers.

Good Hunting,

Jess

longshot2171

Check out Davidkeetoploaders.com , They have a couple of listings for 11 inch 1 3/8 10 spine discs on their site Endurancepower.com has listed as #d1133356 stock & #d1146327 as heavy duty