• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1100X20 Spare tire

91W350

Has anybody tried storing an 1100X20 in the stock location? Is the diameter too large to clear the brackets? I searched and did not see the answer, tried several options. Found some great 5 ton threads though. Glen

runk

I've got 11.00x20 Goodyear G177's on stock rims. The spare fits fine, tight, but fine. They are substantially heavier then the stock NDTs, making it that much more exciting when the little spare tire winch pawl flips over and the tire winch tries to kill you with the breaker bar handle you are using to turn it ...

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got one hanging there now. Been on and off a couple times due to a flat at the Christmas parade.

Barrman

The spare tire carrier was designed for 11.00-20 tires. The M34 was the first vehicle in the series and it had 11.00 tires from the start.

Since you are prepping for a long recovery. Buy a glad hand, quick connects and such that you need to hook an air hose to the passenger rear trailer air source. With a 50 foot hose, you can do all the tires with ease. Once you get home, putting a quick connect fitting on the air line under the glove box makes it easier, but for your trip the glad hand will work.

Also, the valve for the trailer air fittings are 90° off from how most every other valve you ever moved works. When the handle is in line with the tubing, the valve is shut. Perpendicular and it is on.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
(it just will NOT fit if you are using M34/M135 rims).
Mine fit, but it was "snug" up against the frame. I would guess I had less than .5" clearance with the tool box lip. The curvature of tHe tire actually protruded further but was between the rearmost edges of the box.