• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

11Rx20s Handling Poorly

bachman502

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think once I have painted and mounted my last 2 tires on the wheels, I will bolt them on the F rear axle. Test drive the truck at 75psi, then try more air pressure if it still does it. Then rotate some tires around. Not to sound so anal, but if you bolted the rear duals on and both inner and outer valve stems were at the same clocking would that possibly cause a balancing problem. What I mean is the lack of steel where the inner tube valve stem slides through the wheel. Should one valve stem be at 12 o'clock and one at 6 o'clock, or is that so insignificate it would not effect balancing of the dual assembly?

emr

Valve stems oposite are the way a profesional does things , ease of airing and always a uniform purpose, i cant and won't belive a rear tire needs to worry about balencing at all, expecially in a deuce! I know how high teck they are and any little tweek will throw all that technology out of sync, he he he. In all my vehicles I only high speed balence the fronts, cars trucks,4 wheel independent suspention is different of course. when i rotate i then I then high speed balence the tires going on the fronts, thats when they need it, and they wont be balenced if one did it when they were put on and drove 3000miles and then rotated , U will see the difference when u do it, Flat spots are much more common in bias plys, and/or at least they take longer to run smooth again.Always exorcise ones tires, never let em sit for more than a month and not the same side facing the sun also. protect those babys too, use a UV sun block spray also ,AND as for guys pushing the speed of these antiques, it is important to balence the fronts of even a deuce, as some guys live to make things go faster, , but a regular driver knows a little shimmy at 40 for a few seconds, is usually do to no balence and just exagerated by road conditions, surface type i mean..some are long wear paths in the road, one will learn all the typres of road wear and condition of the road make a diffenence and after many miles in a M series, smooth is smooth, and for me they shouldnt go that fast that they need it, although i did it in one truck to see how i like it,i like a deuce to be a deuce but thats me, and i change my views yearly, I also belive that much air will only make a difference in the 5 ton vehicles, i do think they like more air for a more controled ride though. but thats relative too. ...Randy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks