• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12.50 R20's or, I'm in love again...

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Michelin XL Sizes and Data

the 9.00-20's on my deuce measure about 41 inch diameter, yes the theroretical diameter would be 38 (9 x2 + 20=38 )
as such an 11.00-20 should be 42" yet the spec sheet shows the xl 's at 43.1
STA lists the 9.00-20 ND @ 40.7 diameter and the 11.00-20 @ 43"

Last edited:
Reactions: FMJ

bgekky3

Ed, did you mount the tires on the wheels yourself? After moving all those tires you have room for two more trucks. My truck is smoother with the bus tires, but I got stuck on the ice in the back yard.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yup, did all 10 of them myself, yeah, I know, I need a spare....

My back is still killing me... maybe this weekend ;)

Bus tires = certain death... :razz:

50shooter

Very nice looking setup. You are now my hero. You have lots of toys, a great looking shop and a beautiful setting. I couldn't bring myself do do anything but make parts runs if I lived there.

I need tires in the worst way. I can't buy any b/c I keep seeing stuff like this and can't decide whether to single it or keep it dual, 11-20 or Mich, XL's etc etc...

Congrats.

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
12.50 r20 tires

Now that you have lived with your tires for a couple years, any regrets? wear or driving problems. They do look really good, I also thought I had my mind made up on tires, but now I got to rethink :-D

goldneagle

If the load rating on the 12.5's are 6779 then you only need singles in the rear axles. If you dual them no need for a spare since you already had 4 spares on the truck. This is what I am doing with 11.00-20's on my Deuce.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 12.50 XL's look great on this truck.

I run 1100 XZL's on mine. I appreciate the the higher speed rating and their diameter help all my 1100 equipped trucks reach their 65mph limit on the freeways.

Useful Michelin tire guide link.
Army Military Tires