• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12-Bolt Beadlock questions

I didn't balance mine and it drives ok. I'm running Dually front wheels with 37s and my m1102 take offs until I can get my wrecker bed installed and then it'll have all Dually wheels on the rear with 37s. None of them are balanced. I drive it 35 miles one way to work when I don't want to unhook my gooseneck from my Sunday truck.

Brett

1StumpJumper

FWIW, I was apprehensive about purchasing the TWF inserts due to cost. I am very glad that I purchased them instead of wasting time sourcing the material and fighting fitting them up. Nice machining and well worth the money.

Last edited:

richingalveston

I second the pvc inserts if you do not have hutchinsons. TWF pvc inserts are high quality. hutchinsons are flexible and easier to get installed, but cost more.

I would run steel spacers if you can get them. Or just check the aluminum ones for torque often until you are comfortable with them.

I would use 12 to 16 oz of any quality tire beads if you can't get centramatics. The centramatics you need are $299 for the set.
most of the balance beads are going to cost from $80 to $150 for all 5 tires depending on brand you choose.

I would not try to recenter my own rims if you still know the person that did your custom 20's then I would take them there.

you can probably get the rims, tires, spacers and balancers for less than the cost of 5 name brand off road tires (35 to 37 inches tall) that would fit the stock cucv rims.

beltfedonly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a set of the aluminum 2 inch spacers if you need them. They are new and come with the nuts.
$100.00 for the set.