• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

....12-ton trailer...?

L999here

Looked thru previous list for a suitable lo-boy flat bed 12-ton trailer for my half track...cannot find anything that would do. Can anyone point out which trailer was used to haul the half tracks around in WW2...? Or something similar in use today...? The M16 White half track Weapons Carrier was about 23' long...with the winch..and weighed about 21,000# loaded. Got to carry about 5K .50 BMG rds. for the quad mount...LOL....

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only trailer I have ever seen a half track on in any original WWII pictures is the C-2 wrecking trailer. Attached is a pic of mine. It is 12 ton rated with 10.00-15 LPT tires. The M-series version of this trailer (also 12 ton) is the M269 (short) and M270 (long). These trailers have 11.00-20 tires. All three trailers have very high decks for hauling vehicles. The M172 which I believe you are familiar with is the only other tactical trailer that was in military inventory for use for moving lighter tractors/vehicles. Of course the military used plenty of civilian pattern trailers over the years.

Attachments

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is something that, I too, am interested in.

I have been using a M127A2C, which is a 12 ton trailer. It works great, except for the part about having to have a ramp on either end if you want to unload it.

Attachments

Autocar

Currently working on an M871 trailer which is similar to the M127 shown above. I found a dump truck detachable ramp for loading backhoes into the dump bed and I am working on attaching it to the back of the trailer. It will be removeable just like on a dump truck so that I will still have a flatbed trailer. Will post up pictures when done.

68t

I been looking for a longer ww2 trailer my self. I thinking about cutting this ww2 m8 and adding in more bed, but hate to do that. A few years back art pope in mi. had a rig to sell , ww2 trailer and a newer Ih tractor. They were hauling there haul track with it. I hope to haul my halftrack with my ww2 5ton. But only for a short trip to our local parades. Also might sell all of it down the road.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks