• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12 volt M1008 report

M1008driver

We've had the coldest weather in a few years and the coldest since I converted my M1008 to 12 volt. It has been down to minus 30 with highs below zero. I let my M1008 sit for a week with only a battery warmer plugged in. After two cycles of the glow plugs she started right up. It did take forever for the afterburn, but that 12 volt truck, that is heresy to some, started like it should just fine.

Either way works, but I never could start my truck in the cold before the conversion without charging the battery.

Last edited:

M1008driver

Roscommon is the only one I would trust or recommend. Now I buy my starter, belts, alternator and more at the local auto parts store. I use my truck in some remote places and it was important to me to be able to get parts easier.

Nuke113

Ok I've been thinking about doing the Roscommon where you have 2 isolated systems for awhile to run a large inverter good to hear that it works well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks