• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12 volt trailer with M35A2

Stan

Put 24 v. bulbs in the trailer. There have also been some things done with resistors. Do a search and you should be able to find those those threads.

scopionf89

Hear is a link to a web site that sells 24 volt magnetic lights and a adapter plug to go frome a military plug to a 4 prong plug. I tride bying a device that was suposed to neck it frome 24volts to 12 volts did not work what i ended up with is a massive adapter so I can plug any kinda plug into the back of my duce but the apapter's cost me over 250 with shiping. So I am telling you going threw this site is your cheapest and easyest option. OD Iron LLC Military Vehicle Parts and Accessories

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site, rjones.

If you do a search, you'll see we've covered this in depth in probably a dozen threads. There is a lot of great discussion. 24-12V converters, 24V bulbs, wiring harness adapters, etc.

I think I'd begin my search with the phrases "12V AND trailer AND bulbs"-that's probably the best phrase to get you started. You will have to go through a lot of threads to find your answer unfortunately.

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you just want the lights to work put the 24 vt bulbs in and it will work very well. It will still work with towing it with a normal 12 vt civy unit but the lights will be a little dim. However if you have elcetric trailer brakes things get much more complicated. There are some good threads on here just do a search and you will find many suggestions. Eddy

sewerzuk

I put a standard 12v 7 pole RV style plug in, and powered it using 24V relays. Basically, the factory deuce lighting clicks the relays on and off, and the relays switch a constant 12V. 3 relays are required; one for left turn/brake, one for tail lights, and one for right turn/brake. Works perfect. Got some pics in my build thread right HERE

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are people doing to be able to tow a standard trailer with 12 VDC lights with a M35A2?
Contact MIKEW here on the site. He is in OKC and has come up with a great solution. Look at some of his bobbed trucks. He has setups for 24v and 12v connections.