• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1200 miles in a deuce

CanonNinja

awesome truck, awesome pics and awesome trip! I was an idiot when I did mine.... 1100 miles (from Aztec, NM to Houston, TX), straight through 31 hours straight, box seat, no spare parts, in 14 degree weather over night. But you bond with your truck (and whatever unlucky copilot you had), and you can say you drove as much as some of our uniformed brethren overseas (minus the getting shot at part).

but i gotta say again, **** good looking truck!

Thanks Again

Thanks again Kurtis and roll some smoke and make some noise pollution with that Beast in Canada for me! I'm sorry I was out of town this past weekend as I really wanted to meet you. It was good checking in with you throughout your trip home. Keep in touch.

Andy

Sumner

awesome truck, awesome pics and awesome trip! I was an idiot when I did mine.... 1100 miles (from Aztec, NM to Houston, TX), straight through 31 hours straight, box seat, no spare parts, in 14 degree weather over night. But you bond with your truck (and whatever unlucky copilot you had), and you can say you drove as much as some of our uniformed brethren overseas (minus the getting shot at part).
WOW! Thats amazing! I was sure grateful for the spring seat, can't imagine doing it with the box seat!

Sumner

Thanks again Kurtis and roll some smoke and make some noise pollution with that Beast in Canada for me! I'm sorry I was out of town this past weekend as I really wanted to meet you. It was good checking in with you throughout your trip home. Keep in touch.
Yeah, it definitely gets people looking! I've got a few things I want to get done to it and am looking forward to putting it in the Canada Day parade on the 1st. Should be a hit!

paulfarber

60MPH?!?!?! I think I get 50-55 going downhill.

All you lucky dogs living in the flatlands have it easy... except for that flooding thing.

Sumner

It's the dang park brake shoes rattling. There's a spring on the top that was broken. It's a special one that goes over a bolt. I haven't been able to find a source for it yet, maybe I'll post up a pic when I get home so people can see what I'm talking about and point me in the right direction.

emr

Great post and thanks for sharing :) Anyone who has done that many miles at once is a real man in my book all day long !!!!!! After 350 in one way being my longest one shot, I have to say that sure was enough for me, very Very Nice truck also :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the new truck Kurtis and the IRON BUTT trip home! VERY WELL DONE! I bought a truck from Andy a couple months ago and got to meet both Andy and Jim on my recovery, (325 miles) back to Fargo, very nice people to work with the price was fair and I feel I got everything I paid for, good truck, they are SS members and I know everybody was smiling when the deal was done! Great write up by the way I wish I had known you were coming through my territory I would have liked to meet you and check out the new ride! Sure looks good Kurtis, enjoy it M-35s are wonderful!
KK

91W350

Wish I could have gone! I really enjoy those missions. Karl, what is this iron butt? I thought my deuce was wonderful on my trip home. Like the others, nice write up and thanks for the photos! I am with Karl, I should sell my other vehicles as the deuce always gets the call.... I just love to drive it. Glen

Sumner

Thanks guys! Karl, that would have been cool, but I was on a mission. I and to be at the border crossing at a certain time so there was very little stopping going on. Only when the truck was low on fuel and when I couldn't feel my legs anymore! That was a long day, but you can still cover a lot of ground at 60mph. Once into North Dakota where the speed limit is 75 I felt a little slow, but I still did manage to pass a couple vehicles. Mind you most were parked, but there was one little half ton pulling a huge camper that I went around!

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I understand the MISSION part Sumner it just always seems to be that way, VERY nice truck you got from Andy and your cruising at 60 mph at the RPM you were would sure be nice to, Glad you made it home with no problems Kurtis! GLEN ad far as the "IRON BUTT" statement goes, in the days I used to race dirt bikes I also rode a Honda XR650L on the street because it was kind of like practive for racing my CR500 in the dirt, the street bike was a 650CC single cylinder on/off road bike, awesome bike but as most bikes like this the seat was hard, no windshield etc. and anybody that would ride farther than 500 miles in a day they called IRON BUTT, I have done it a few times and the term is pretty well applied Glen! Hope this explains it at least a little bit!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks