• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1200r20 rim mounting

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Does anybody know, Will the 1200r20s that are showing up fit a standard budd rim OR is the bead DIFFERENT where it takes a special rim, I am not sure what uses these tires, though I do know that they are not used on normal trucks. The m819 uses 1200s oem, it would be nice to put these high load tires on the front due to the 819s HEAVY front axle load.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought one of the vendors here back east had some for sale at one time...if he still has them, perhaps he could pull some info from the sidewalls? If they're MPT, they should fit on the Budd wheels.

I think they're made by either Continental or General in South Africa, where they are still in widespread use by SADF.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
12.00R20 is a conventional, tube type (non-MPT) tire size. The approved rim width goes from 8.0 up to 9.0 inches; with 8.50" being preferred.
The stock budd wheels should work fine.

G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks