• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12K Half Shaft rebuild (solid rotor)

rcamacho

I’m getting into the LR shaft to assess problems with the hub side joint. Referencing TM 9-2320-387-24-1 section 6-7 for ECV.

I’m not entirely clear on hub side joint disassembly. Any guidance appreciated.
Are cross/clips/roller cages available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcamacho

Pulled the shaft apart this afternoon. 2/3 rollers came off the cross inside the hub side joint. The cross and joint housing are a bit galled.

looking for a few shaft now or at least a donor inner joint.

IMG_2427.jpeg

rcamacho

Curious if anyone has cross reference the 12k joint parts to commercially available sub components. I saw a post for the 10k but not the 12K.

Noticed GKN is one of the suppliers for the small flange 12k shafts. Maybe I’ll look at their documentation…

rcamacho

Scored an aftermarket rear shaft from a local community member. The shaft was a bit odd with a small flange 10k size plunge joint hub side and a 12k hub side joint. Works fine. We’ll see how it holds up.

IMG_2443.jpegIMG_2445.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks