• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12v 24v isolation and charging?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK on my present project (FAV) it has a 12V system, but they run 24V radios and there is space for two 12V batteries.
I am just not sure how they did this or if the whole system was converted to 24V which seems unlikely because it was VW based.
I have seen pictures of some of them with what looks like battery isolators, does anyone have experience with this kind of system?
Here is a picture of what I have seen, to the right of the oil cooler.
I understand I can just use a 12V/24V converter and run two 12V batteries in parallel for added capacity I was just curios how they set this up in the 80s

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks