• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12V LMTV Headlights

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I converted a pair of civi lights by splicing the wires of the light socket to military ends, works great and a lot cheaper.

PowerstrokeNC

I converted a pair of civi lights by splicing the wires of the light socket to military ends, works great and a lot cheaper.
Funny you say that, that was my next move cut off military connectors from old light add spade terminals on cut off end and badda bing, can use a regular 7". I think I will do this and stop trying to worry about original part, thanks

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ordered a kit from Those Military Guys. The low beams are really dim. Not sure if I have a grounding issue, but definitely getting the right voltage. It is an aftermarket 7" housing with adapters made like you guys are describing. Try to get DOT approved glass lens housings. I think I might try a set of Silverstar bulbs in these to see if that makes the low beam usable. Of course, I may have a grounding issue or relay issue or something that is restricting the current flow, but I haven't taken the time to troubleshoot it.

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the correct 12 volt LED headlights for the LMTV series trucks...... check my classified or pm me.......

Z