• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12volt or 6 volt

rexman

Got a 12v,setup .it does not seem to charge the battery.think the mule engine does not turn fast to do the charging, So was thinking maybe a 6 volt generator might work better.any Idea's.

Somethings wrong with that alternator or there is a bad connection somewhere. I have put GM integral alternators on 2 stroke 1 lunger engines that run both directions and always at low RPM and they charge just fine.

Last edited:

rexman

Thanks Teacher,3rd one i tryed ,just a wire from it to battery,maybe i need a lower amp alt.Thats why was thinking the 6 volt gen

Don't forget checking the ground wires, just as many electrons pass through them as the positive wires. The nice thing about alternators is that they should only give you the amperage you need and tug on the belt only when working. How old is your battery, is there a date code sticker on it? Have you load tested it, and how many amps is the starter pulling? Just throwing out ideas...

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you post a picture if your setup?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks