• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

13G glow plugs

kentuckycucv

I tried the ac60 gs and they all burnt out bc I think I might of had 1 bad connection... so when one goes bad the other get more than 12 volts. if 2 0r 3 go bad they get way more than 12 volts and burn up. UNLESS you bypass the resistor and wire the GP relay to a 12 volt leed.
So now Im thinking of going back to wellmans and just staying all stock.
Or do the resistor bypass and hook up 12 volts and go AC60g
So the up side to wellmans is if one or 2 or 5 burn out. the rest will keepo working properly. My trucks starts with 3 wellmans.

jatonka

I installed 13Gs last spring when the wellmans that came in it failed. It has worked great for a year but I am going to pull them now and put them on the shelf for spares. Since this thread has started, I sense that my learned advisor steered me wrong. So, in a stock M1008 and a stock M1028 I should use 70s? JT out

cucv1833

I have the AC-60G in my truck with the resister bypassed and a manual push button as a backup that i have never used. I have no problems im still using the control card and they cycle very good. the truck starts the first time every time. before i had the 13G in the truck and it would take 2 starts to get the truck running and it would cycle on and off. Im guessing a few of them was bad. I just changed them anyway with out testing them no problems. I will be doing the same thing on my M1009 now its only on a push button and i havent checked what brand plugs are in .even though it starts good i will put the control card back in and put some fresh AC60G in it.
Theres 8 threads on the same page talking about this.aua