• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

13th Annual Korean Ground Forces Festival

Spent the last week down just outside of Daejeon, Korea at the 67th Korea Armed Forces Day and 13th Ground Forces Festival. Lots of military hardware and warbird flyovers, even a few paratrooper drops. The first few pics are of an M813 clone (yes made in Korea) an ex-US Huey and Cobra (both of which are still used over here).

Attachments

A few more. I think that some of these frames are ex-US and were reworked by the Koreans, but was not able to verify. From what I heard all the powerplants are Korean (no C turbos here) and they still used a standard transmission. On a few of the M35 clones they has the exhaust go through a few mufflers and go out the rear.

Attachments

Here are some of the M715 style clones and a few upgrades on an M35 or M813 clone (can't remember which it was).

Attachments

Here is a few of Korean armor. One is an ex-US M48 (still used) and the other two are Korean built MBTs. A Few Self-Propelled Artillery pieces as well (one US two KA). An AA track and ACE as well. They were giving rides to the local kids in APCs.

Attachments

A few they had on permanent display and a few more of the rotary wing craft on display.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks