• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

140x20 tires & rim on front

junkyardog

i purchased 1400 x 20 tires and rims, the rim is the style that has a o ring close to the center of the rim. they are double if not more the thickness of the regular budd rim with 11x20 where they bolt on to the truck will i have to put new studs in or is there a spacer under the original bud rim i can take off. it does not look like i have enough stud to get a full nut...... thanks

M1075

Got any pics? Do you have HEMTT, M939 series, or FMTV rims? How many bolts? The thickness is all different. No spacer to take off. Longer studs may be required.

junkyardog

i dont know how to put up pictures.i have a 1970 m51A2, i purchased the rims from BERG tire supply. it is a 10 hole bud with 20 studs or more to join the 2 peices together.i can find out from BERG TIRE what they are called. they were very nice people to deal with.this seams to be about 5/8 or more on the thickness of the rim where the 10 1 1/2 nuts hold the wheel on.

junkyardog

they dont look like that. the center is flat and is the same hight as the 20 or so bolts that hold them together, i paid $150 a peice for the tires and $175 a peice for the rims. i purchased 7 of them. one for a spare. shipping was not cheap.

scooter01922

pics are easy, down at the bottom of the post reply box is a button that says browse, just click it and go find your pics, then click add attachment. Then submit your post, thats it.
Scott

jimbo*

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll get you a picture of one tomorrow--the only one I have.
Wait a minute, you may be correct, it may only have 16 bolts. Regardless, I'm gonna check tomorrow.

junkyardog

thats it the one in the box

im sorry i thought it had 20 bolts. they are at the tire shop and it was closed.it is that hemett wheel, are they to thick for the nut to go on at least a full thread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks