• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

15 KW 400 HZ units

PeterD

Almost fraud, the info-plates on the side are covered with stickers, and not photographed. If it has been as bastardized as it appears to have been, who knows what's wrong with it anyway.

3dAngus

If you run an airport,
or have a plane using 400 hz,
you could care less about a few thousand dollars for a generator. If you need it, you buy it. You won't even feel the pinch if you own the airplane. Aircraft hangar heat and cool units (HVAC systems) also use 400 hz. It's nice to work on a downed aircraft with the A/C on.
Anyway, good used aircraft generators and peripherals often go for more then common household appliances due to the nature of the asset and it's end use. Every small airport either has them, or needs one.

Isaac-1

Almost fraud, the info-plates on the side are covered with stickers, and not photographed. If it has been as bastardized as it appears to have been, who knows what's wrong with it anyway.
I am pretty sure both those plates are identical on the MEP-002a and MEP-003a, the top one is the terminal connection diagram, I am not sure about the bottom one though as I think they are missing off both of mine, I know my MEP-003a does not have a data plate there, not sure about the MEP-002a though.

Ike

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you run an airport,
or have a plane using 400 hz,
you could care less about a few thousand dollars for a generator. If you need it, you buy it. You won't even feel the pinch if you own the airplane. Aircraft hangar heat and cool units (HVAC systems) also use 400 hz. It's nice to work on a downed aircraft with the A/C on.
Anyway, good used aircraft generators and peripherals often go for more then common household appliances due to the nature of the asset and it's end use. Every small airport either has them, or needs one.
That's what I'm thinking also. I would imagine a new 400hz generator on the commercial market would be a pretty penny. Anything you can add the word "aircraft" or "marine" and you can double/triple the price on it. Also, seeing as how a used 400hz on the civilian market would be scarce as hens teeth, these military units only make sense to somebody with 400hz aircraft needs.