• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

16.5 6 lug rims

You might run into some problems finding some.
16.5" inch rims are pretty rare as it is, and almost all stock, cheap 16.5" rims are 8 lug.

Might find some on Craigslist.
You might also be able to find some offroad wheel companies that sell some. I think Pro Comp has some steel wheels they sell in 16.5" sizes. Probably for around $80-100/ea.
AlfaHeaven has new 5 and 6 lug 16.5" tires; $350 for a set of 4 plus shipping. I'm not sure what the quality or the maker of the wheels is.

My 1009 came with a set of 36" Humvee tires on special made Kelsey Hayes 16.5 rims. I traded them for a set of BFG's on 15" rims for both better ride quality and a wider range of tire options for the future.

Last edited:

Andy1234

The wheels off of bolster trailers are 16.5"'s and have the 6-lug pattern.

There were a lot of them that where scrapped in KS in the past year, so you may want to check w/ Glen (91W350).

Andy

kjcedar

I was under the assumption 15" rims would not fit our vehicles? Or is it just they won't fit M1008's? DriverSide, have you had any clearance problems with the 15" rims?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
15" on an M1009

15" No go, on the M1008. I do not recommend grinding your caliper to fit them.

Yes, what DH said. All Blazers military or civilian had 15" wheels.

And CUCVnut, anytime you take metal off of something it inherently becomes weaker. Maybe a lot, maybe a little. But brake calipers need to be able to hold over 1000 pounds of pressure, so not something you wanna chance.

I'm not sure how bad the interference is if you were to try and stick 15's on a 1008. If it was just very slight, minor rubbing, you could file off just enough to make it fit. But 16's are easy to find and 8 lug 16" wheels aren't rare either, so I can't see any benefits to fitting 15's onto a 1008.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks