• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

16 inch rim for m1009

camp9

for 235/85/r16 tire (about 32" tall 8.5" wide you will need 3 3/4 to 4 " of back spacing on a 16" rim to avoid rubbing your leaf springs.
I have some old 6 bolt 16" rims I got out this winter and finally had some time to check and see if I could put them on my M1009. Had to cut the center whole a little bigger to fit. But on the front the tie rod hits the rim. This old thread was the only one I could find that talked about putting spacers on for a 235/85/16. Has anyone done this mod yet for that tire size with spacers?

jmassenga

What about the 33 x 12.50R15, would these work with out having to cut anything?
I have 33x12.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Dura Trac tires on mine with the stock wheels. In the 3,000 miles I have driven with them, I have yet for them to hit the body. I do have a 1" lift, but that was for ground clearance, not because of tire interfearance issues. As stated, different brands (or even all terrain vs mud terrain) can be different diameters, or have side lugs that stick out further so it is impossible to say that all tires this size will fit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks