• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1600 v. 1400 Tire Question

rcb

Hello Everyone !!
I was wondering which tire would be correct/better for my 925A2 since GSA removed the original wheels and tires before it was released. I thought the
1400's were correct, but I keep seeing more and more 1600's on 5 tons. Any thoughts ??? Is one better than the other/ more desirable, etc. ???
Thanks...
Bob

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I am a little old school in that I only like 16.00's on HEMTT's. I say go with the 14.00R20's for a better look and as Gimpy said, better power on the road.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I concur with these two gentleman. Stick with the 1400s. They are great looking...and perform well.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The next question to ask is should you go with the Michelin or Goodyear 1400. :-D Personally, I like the look of the Michelin better, but the Goodyear will wear better...and, for whatever reason, I have found that they are a bit cheaper. Good luck!

rizzo

Go with the 1400s for more power.
I am a little old school in that I only like 16.00's on HEMTT's. I say go with the 14.00R20's for a better look and as Gimpy said, better power on the road.
I concur with these two gentleman. Stick with the 1400s. They are great looking...and perform well.
i would go with the 1400 as well .
The next question to ask is should you go with the Michelin or Goodyear 1400. :-D Personally, I like the look of the Michelin better, but the Goodyear will wear better...and, for whatever reason, I have found that they are a bit cheaper. Good luck!

I agree

hot rod deuce

I agree with all of them as well, unless you need the extra width to make the scale house happy.

That is one heck of a truck, make sure you post some pictures.