• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1684 RTA Maintenance Trail Won 12-29-2010

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I keep thinking big doghouse.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes sir, I thought I did yesterday(it must not have worked) sorry

goldneagle

Went out this afternoon and ripped out all the lumber (walls) from the inside of the trailer. The lumber is old and twisted and covered with cement dust! I de-nailed the studs and cut them into 4' pieces to use as palate building material. Now I can properly clean all the cement debris from the entire trailer before the cement eats through the aluminum skin! I will get the bulk trash first and then vacuum the dust off the floor boards. I will probably use a sponge mop to wipe down the interior walls. I may also use my floor sander to sand the trailer floor clean and put some Polyurethane down to protect the wood.

I will try to get some pictures taken soon.:deadhorse:

goldneagle

Well finally some progress on the trailer. I picked up the lumber yesterday from Home Depot.

The weather was great today, 70 degrees! I managed to frame up all the trailer walls as well as the ceiling. I made sure I framed out the opening for the Air Conditioner unit. I had to remove the 8' florescent fixture in order to install the ceiling joists. Next step will be to run electrical wiring for the shipping department. After the electrical is insulating the walls and ceiling. Going to use R13 in the walls and R19 in the ceiling. The 2 doors will be covered with rigid insulation covered with 1/4" plywood. I am attaching pictures.

Attachments

goldneagle

Today we had a nice day out so I decided to continue my work on the trailer. I decided to remove the old electrical panel and wiring and install all new electrical system in the trailer. Drove the Deuce to Home Depot to get electrical materials as well as insulation for the walls and ceiling.

I decided to go with four 20 amp circuits in the trailer. I also decided to use R13 in the walls, R19 in the ceiling and under floor. The 2 doors will be covered with 3/4" Pink Foam Panel.

I got all the rough-in done on the electrical system. I have to go back to Home Depot to exchange the panel I bought. It had a picture of a flush mount on the box but the panel was surface mount.

I did install the insulation into the walls and ceiling but did not staple them in yet. Will get that done Sunday after I finish installing the electrical panel. Pictures to follow.

goldneagle

UPDATE:

Today i installed all the drywall in the trailer. 14 sheets installed ready for taping. If the weather holds up i will clean up the trailer and start taping the drywall. If all goes well I can paint this weekend. After painting and final electrical I am thinking of installing bamboo flooring . I already have it in stock so no expense.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, maybe you will want to position the trailer in it's permanent position before you go and tape and mud the joints. I think it might save you some grief.

Looks excellent and may I commend you for the vision and thoughtfulness of putting a movable workshop on the premises.

Rick

goldneagle

CHANGE IN PLAN TODAY! Decided to insulate the underbelly of the trailer. i had purchased 24" wide R-19 fiberglass insulation a few days ago. The support members of the trailer are 12" on centers. i cut the bats of insulation in half length wise. I was able to tuck the insulation bats between the I-beam that support the trailer floor. I installed 10 of these bats tonight and added 3/4" thick 12"x12" styrofoam pieces to help keep the bats in place until I secure them with aluminum flashing strip between the I-beams.

goldneagle

Billy and I spent Saturday rearranging the trailers and equipment in my yard so we can move the new trailer into the location i chose for its final resting spot. Those M105 trailers are a PIA to maneuver in reverse. After lots of adjustments we were able to park all the trailers (2x M105's, M2001A, and M363)

Sunday was spent finishing inserting the R-19 fiberglass insulation under the trailer. After finishing that itchy task I started to install the 2' wide aluminum flashing. The flashing installation went well. Some pieces didn't lay as flat as others. I think the floor support beams were not perfectly spaced apart. i will use self tapping screws to secure them into place Monday. Supposed to be 70 degrees tomorrow.