• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

19 spline deuce shafts/locker???

m37dsl

I came across some odd 2.5 ton top loader shafts/locker today. The axles thes shafts came out of were in a fire truck with super singles on it. Has anyone seen these shafts/locker in a top loading 2.5 ton before? I searched a bit and the locker is available for f106 and other front loader rocks but i have never seen them in a top loader. Shafts are 1.75" 19 spline with what appears to be a detroit locker in the center chunk.

I believe they were used in marine corp rigs, does anyone have any idea if they are aftermarket or built specifically for certain vehicles?

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the V100 used lockers.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to pull the front drive cap and see if it is 19 spline? These axles are rare as chicken lips with matching dentures. I have a complete rear set, looking for a front set. The V100 does not have the bushing in the spindle like the std. 2 1/2 ton. The bushing is in the housing on the inner axle.

m37dsl

Were these axles only used in v100s? I was told by who i got them from that they came out of a firetruck. What is the interest in them, are the stronger than stock u-joint shafts or britle? Anybody out there have any experience with them? With a detroit in the front i would think steering would be terrible.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Were these axles only used in v100s? I was told by who i got them from that they came out of a firetruck. What is the interest in them, are the stronger than stock u-joint shafts or britle? Anybody out there have any experience with them? With a detroit in the front i would think steering would be terrible.
I have heard storys in tanker trucks and now fire trucks, V100 armered cars for sure. Yes these axles are stronger than the stock 1 5/8" 16 spline, the U joint is the same. And yes it will be hard to steer.