• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1938 Ford Staff Car?

GoHot229

It's probably lost that 'new car' smell by now.....Serriously, they don't look that bad from the pictures. Could be money-pits or a easy enough restoration piece. Theres got to be some value there reguardless of military or civilian. If you want to off them? put 'em in classifieds.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't see any evidence of military service. Very restorable it would appear. You will need to look for military data plates, painted over markings on the doors, drab paint under the present color.

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
The paint appears to be the original 1938 civvy color, but that's always subject to change, isn't it? I think it would make a great staff car. Don't make the same mistake the guys did with the '41 Ford in the video, though. The star goes on the front door, not the rear. ;)

66Reo6X6

I have a parts car for this that has drab olive paint on it and a bracket on the front left fender. There is also evidence there was something mounted on the right front fender as well.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
You got me sweating and breathing hard 66Reo!!! Been thinking about them cars all afternoon!!!:jumpin:
From the pics I would say you described them quite accurately:D

Back to planning the search and seize mission!;)

saddamsnightmare

:pFebruary 1st, 2010.

If any of you guys are visiting Steamtown National Historic Site in Scranton, Pa., (the National Park Service Railroad Museum for the Steam era), one of the rangers up there has a WWII US Army 4 door Dodge or Plymouth sedan that was a staff car, and he drives it to work frequently. It's well worth seeing and might lead to another line in the Forum categories on here.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

66Reo6X6: THAT is a serious snow drift you got there in the picture above........

66Reo6X6

Ya, was wishing for a pair of snow shoes. Sank in past my knees in a few places just getting to the car to take the pictures.
Thanks for the lead on the other car.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks