• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 Bren Carrier, Type 1

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had a chance to get this gem up and running, Has some small issues with the fuel system, guess that's what happens when things sit with gas still in them!! Hopefully in a few weeks I'll take it for a spin around the compound. Working on this for a friend of the Museum, been almost 10 years since it ran. They were not made for modern sized men!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeDL6oPe8Cs

NEIOWA

Find a copy of "Street Rodder" and order up some go fast parts for that old flathead. 250hp would be a nice #.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The guy that restored this was anal about keeping things as original as possible, the only thing I see that isn't "stock " or a repro is the ign coil. It is a neat little carrier, I think he maybe wants to sell it.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fun little machines! Had a ride in one a few years ago. Would love to own one if I had the time to devote to it.

dmetalmiki

The guy that restored this was anal about keeping things as original as possible, the only thing I see that isn't "stock " or a repro is the ign coil. It is a neat little carrier, I think he maybe wants to sell it.
Now (Just) WHERE have I seen a (Stock original) coil for one of those oldies...

In 'Something' with overdrive of mine..somewhere..in my shed..

Attachments

Another Ahab

Seen the video of the NZ factory. "Mass production" of FIVE (5) per day.

Impressive production, the factory output and the film propoganda both!

Little known also is that (if I remember it right), in spite of all the allied bombings, that German industrial output during 1944 was stronger than any previous year during WWII.

If it is accurate, it is likely not well known only because it would of course not been good "press" (during the war, or afterwards, in the school textbooks).

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is now parked next to it's transport trailer and has been listed for sale! This is not the Museums property, it belongs to a long time friend. It is a cool piece of equipment, has a mess of extras and comes with the trailer. The Museum has an Australian carrier, or it might consider buying this.

I think he wants 30k for it.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No lights, looked at the wiring behind the instruments, VERY old, hard. Runs OK, is clean. I don't know where he has it listed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks