• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 GMC k-18 signal corp panel truck reunion

41 GMC

I have a lot of confidence that the new owner will do this project correctly, and I am looking forward to being able to drive it once again indeed.

Thank you for your interest.

Sincerely,
Dennis.

41 GMC

I just saw an old ad for my truck dated December 2017, the person I had sold the truck to, had run an ad in the bring a trailer website, and it was listed at no reserve, it appears that he used a lot of wd 40 on the original paint and repainted the white star, but that was about it. I was curious if anybody on this site may have seen the ad and may have purchased the truck. I would just like to keep track of where the truck wound up.

Thank you.

Dennis.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I just saw an old ad for my truck dated December 2017, the person I had sold the truck to, had run an ad in the bring a trailer website, and it was listed at no reserve, it appears that he used a lot of wd 40 on the original paint and repainted the white star, but that was about it. I was curious if anybody on this site may have seen the ad and may have purchased the truck. I would just like to keep track of where the truck wound up.

Thank you.

Dennis.

DAMMITMAN!!! I sure wish I'd seen that add!!

41 GMC

Good morning to you papa bear. I am waiting to hear back from the person I sold it to, perhaps I can help you track it down as well, it should go to a person such as yourself that can really do it justice. I cant imagine what the price was at no reserve.

Be well and keep in touch.

Sincerely,
Dennis.

41 GMC

Good morning to you Papabear. If you go the barnfinds.com website and punch in K-18 in the search section, it will take you to the posting that was on that site and it will show you the price that it got to as the current bid at that time $3000.00 and the buy it now price of $9000.00, which I doubt that it got to, because it wasn't running. That may possibly help you track it down to see where it wound up. I think the guy I sold it to was a bit embarrassed that he gave up on the project, because it was going to cost big bucks to update the drive train. Purely for sentimental reasons, I would love to know where it wound up, its too bad that it didn't go to you, I am sure you would have totally appreciated it. I hope you can track it down.

Sincerely,
Dennis.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Good morning to you Papabear. If you go the barnfinds.com website and punch in K-18 in the search section, it will take you to the posting that was on that site and it will show you the price that it got to as the current bid at that time $3000.00 and the buy it now price of $9000.00, which I doubt that it got to, because it wasn't running. That may possibly help you track it down to see where it wound up. I think the guy I sold it to was a bit embarrassed that he gave up on the project, because it was going to cost big bucks to update the drive train. Purely for sentimental reasons, I would love to know where it wound up, its too bad that it didn't go to you, I am sure you would have totally appreciated it. I hope you can track it down.

Sincerely,
Dennis.

Thanks for the effort Sir but I think I need to stick with what I have for now......Well....except for maybe a Weasel.

41 GMC

Hello to everybody from Dennis in Seattle.

I got an e mail today from a gentleman in the UK, he said that he had missed buying my old 41 G.M.C. K-18 on E Bay, but that he thought it had wound up at the Golden Age flight Museum in Bakersfield California. He had sent me a picture of a K-18 that he purchased, but the body was by " Luce " and it was in terrible shape. The Luce bodied trucks had wooden internal frames, as the Hicks bodied trucks were all metal.

Well the person I sold the truck to, I guess didn't have the deep pockets it was going to take to do the restoration/modifications to the truck, and he sold it on E Bay for $7500.00. Amazing that it went for that kind of money. I did get in touch with the folks at the Golden Age Flight Museum there in Bakersfield, and they do own it now. So a sigh of relief that the old girl is still on the west coast and is in good hands of those that really wanted the truck and that they really appreciated it as well.

From what I learned from the new owner, his intentions are to fully restore it to original military configuration. That's all I know about it at this point. Hopefully after this virus situation will subside, possibly next year I will attend the California Hot Rod reunion at FAMOSO which is very close to Bakersfield, and I will have another reunion with my old truck once again.

Its pretty amazing the history of this truck and where its been and how it will be brought back to life again.

" EVERYTHING OLD, IS NEW AGAIN "

Hoping that everybody will stay safe and be healthy.

Sincerely,
Dennis in Seattle.
The picture below is how she looks currently as of 4/28/2020

bakersfield K-18.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks