• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 gpw

Draco-87

Got a question for all you jeep guru's out there. I have an opportunity to purchase a 1941 GPW (with the ford stamped in the back of the tub) Haven't seen pics of it yet but the guy says he's had the engine rebuilt and it runs good. not in the best of shape but it has no rust holes thru tub. It's still a 6V and 95% of the jeep is original. Any idea how much these are worth? As soon as I get pics of it I will posts them. Thanks!

quickfarms

Got a question for all you jeep guru's out there. I have an opportunity to purchase a 1941 GPW (with the ford stamped in the back of the tub) Haven't seen pics of it yet but the guy says he's had the engine rebuilt and it runs good. not in the best of shape but it has no rust holes thru tub. It's still a 6V and 95% of the jeep is original. Any idea how much these are worth? As soon as I get pics of it I will posts them. Thanks!
Hard to say without knowing the condition.

Look under the body at the hat channels to see if they are rusted out.

Draco-87

I asked him about the condition of them and he had no idea how they are. Told him to take a pic for me so I can see them. (if I get this jeep I am going to be in so much trouble with the wife!)

ducer

Remember wives come and go. When they go they usualy take half of your stuff with them then sue you for the other half. aua

The voice of experience,
Denny

Amer-team

What is the 5% that isn't original. Unrestored, mostly complete without rust through, with proper seat frames, windshield, wheels, body parts, running or not, complete proper engine? and probably a few other things, pretty easily 2500 to 3500 as a bottom starting figure.

32r2

1941? Interesting since production of the GPW did not start until Febuary 1942.The Ford stamping on the rear of the body was discontinued in mid 1942.Based on what you describe it sounds like you are looking at an early 1942 GPW.Will be interested in pictures and serial numbers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks