• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suppose that PB will want the wood to be left natural. Unless of course someone sneaks in under the cover of darkness and paints it OD!

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

zout

Flooring is soooo far away - but Mar-K is also a major supplier to the automotive restore industry.

Have to keep on removal of windows - deteriorated lower channels so I can bend new ones up - get them into place to get the box squared back up and lower edge sealed tight. Besides staying on pressure washing to remove the rest of the debris to get it down to a solid surface - from there its all up hill.

YELLOW is a protectorant - for an area I was playing with so when I get to it I know how to attack it and in what order and time frame.
Will get the rest of them screws out of the back tomorrow and rear windows removed - tagged and placed away for a later date as well. Finish cleaning them hidden areas.

Hopefully in the afternoon the weather clears and I can get on to straightening those radius area's - know exactly what I am going to do. Once their straight and repaired its onto the roof and leave everything else alone till I can get epoxy primer on that roof down to just under the rain channel on the rear 3 sides before it gets butt arse HOT. Then work on the top surfaces of the front - and yes removal of all the cab glass - tagged and put away till a later date.

Ya all can ease up on the floor thingy - way too far down the road to even think about it.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well...I'll trust Commander Warp to make the right decision when the time comes for the floor. He knows I'm a po' feller so I hope he will take it easy on me....UNLESS....I can borrow some funds from MB!(As if):roll:

zout

Can you believe the audacity of some folks - geezee.

Sheriff knocks on the door this morning saying the subdivision folks heard a 5 Ton running around last night and one said he was pulled two large OAK tree's down the road he just yanked out !! Go FIGURE.
So PB's already po'd Sheriff is looking for tracks (yeah really hard to find after this rain) and looking up and down the street for mud and scrapings of tree's headed down Russet Court.
He did find anything but he knew some knucklehead just had to have done it - PB I made him madder yet.

Funny tho - after he left I needed to get up and start heading out to cover up the tracks coming up the power line (oops) boy that baby made a mess.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I never saw that body panel tool draw in your big tool chest? Are you holding back stuff on us, shame on you commander.

zout

Never ever give up all your secrets - just ask Deb.

Original data paperwork found in the glovebox - see the pic - truck shows as a K18 COMM unit. Need to change the title of the thread now.
Also - pic of the 4 position switch of an electric brake controller - very cool

ALL the windows removed from the box and swing doors - all 437 screws removed (yes I counted them) seals and weather strip saved for comparing to the fella I have been e mailing on replacements - this is also down the road and on the same notepad FLOORING is - Owner still would have to authorize any products bought and at this time its just been labor - water - electric.

Heap O stuff is all the guts of the K 18 at this time - a couple really great templates for new glass as well - screens are in awesome shape and can be blasted and then just painted.

The headlight buckets are DIE CAST FWIW.

AHHH - here is a question for you watching - can anyone tell me from back in 1941 what the widest board (flooring) could be cut ????? And - how where they installed (HINT - they did NOT use metal strips either).

The pic of the rubberized coating says professional use only so that is why I have it - everything in the box wall interior will get coated again and much better than the stuff that was dropping off - great sound deadener as well.
Pic of the spark plugs - great find as well withot having to remove them - spares as well found in the glove box.

Pics - next thread.

zout

PB - if you look at the sheet of paper laying on that piece of aluminum - that was in the glove box inside a gob of mice nest and pine straw. Laid it out and let it dry a while and used one of my paint brush nylon brushes - mid way down on the right side you can see it was a K 18-COMM unit. surprise surprise.

So that makes it 3rd Army K 18 Comm unit. Also the wiring is revealing that it was most likely a comm unit as well. Start saving radio gear now :papabear:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at the size of the wire feeding the brake controller. I bet that baby drew some amps while braking.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Already tracking down 3rd Army radio trucks & equipment.
I've been searching around 3rd Army stuff as well but I'm pretty sure we are gonna go with the WWII weapons displays in the box. (At least on one side). We'll just have to see where this goes.

Would you believe I never thought of looking in the glove box??:roll:

Zout as usual you are making amazing progress! That baby will look SOOOOOO sweet when she is all one color...even primer!!:popcorn::beer::not worthy:

Last edited: