• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

Zout is giving himself his Birthday Day off - might clean up the garage a little but nothing more than that.
Get onto the roof tomorrow if it does not rain.

All the sites I belong to know it was my birthday - go figure. Computer generated

FrankUSMC

A birthday is like a shower, you need one, once a year, rather you need it or not!
Have a happy one!!
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just spoke to Deb cause I thought you were home "taking the day off" She said you were at work but if you are taking the day off, hurry home. She wants to go shopping.

:whistle:

zout

NO - Kent was throwing me under the bus first thing this morning with Deb - called her up to talk to me thinking I was taking the day off work work - not K18 work - but what I meant was I was taking a break from K18 work. Like I could ever take a day off work work for a stinkin vacation day anyhow.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
NO - Kent was throwing me under the bus first thing this morning with Deb - called her up to talk to me thinking I was taking the day off work work - not K18 work - but what I meant was I was taking a break from K18 work. Like I could ever take a day off work work for a stinkin vacation day anyhow.
That ole rascal has a habit of doing that!!

rickf

Alright, First things first. Happy Birthday Zout. I stopped having those things 30 years ago. Now, PB, I have to know why there is only one wheel on the passengers side rear? I could have sworn that 5,000 pictures ago I saw all the wheels on it as it left the tire shop.

Rick

zout

Before PB brought it up - one of the newly mounted tires sprung a leak so it was singled out on the pass side rear. Pb is getting it handled in Columbus to make sure there are no further leaks.

Other than that - I hope for really good things tomorrow to post up and maybe a few shocking surprises. Rain had been holding off all day long and clearing in the future. I see an early start to the day to get onto the roof and forward to the rain channel
above the windshield. Then onto cutting in the vent after the overhead metal is straight. There are some side dents that will get brought back into submission as we go.

Thanks for the HB's today.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Before PB brought it up - one of the newly mounted tires sprung a leak so it was singled out on the pass side rear. Pb is getting it handled in Columbus to make sure there are no further leaks.

Other than that - I hope for really good things tomorrow to post up and maybe a few shocking surprises. Rain had been holding off all day long and clearing in the future. I see an early start to the day to get onto the roof and forward to the rain channel
above the windshield. Then onto cutting in the vent after the overhead metal is straight. There are some side dents that will get brought back into submission as we go.

Thanks for the HB's today.
OK my Brother...but after tomorrow you need to stop for awhile and spend some quality family time and get ready for the world famous "Zout's Cookout".

Remember the lil "pin prick" you felt when I "accidently" bumped you when dropping the KC off?

That was actually me injecting a remote controlled chip in your arm that allows me to limit your activities by shocking you into a drooling heap of twitching flesh...you know...sorta like Wreckerman.:roll:

It's an old trick Drew and I used when we worked for the 3 letter agencies and it can be lots of fun if you also have video of the AO.:naner:

BTW...while Deb was up at the house and you were flopping around on the wet ground (when I tested the chip), BabyBear and I installed 2 wireless video cameras around your shop area...don't bother looking...you won't find em.:whistle:

Please don't make me show your friends nationwide what you look like while soiling yourself and foaming at the mouth like a rabid squirrel.

Oh...did I mention you need a break and some down time?:beer:

Last edited:

zout

Up with the birds this morning - The entire top roof needs to get into bare metal primer today - good 80 grit sanding as its already washed - new Elect Kacher pressure washer arrived yesterday. I gave the old once a decent burial and like a good soldier I stuck the pressure handle and wand in the ground above its resting place. Hung a paint chip off the K on it in rememberment.

After this the break - if anything before the cookout gets done then it will be picking on all the glass framework so I can get a good sample of glass - will get the seals sent out to a vendor that has ALL the glass seals in stock. We just need to match them up.
Might be one more surprise - we'll see how the day treats me.

When I feel a slight electrical BUZZ coming on I know PB turned on the cameras and firing up his thingy to light me up.

zout

Ugly ole fart checking in for the evening100_2083.jpg100_2084.jpg100_2085.jpg yes that vent gets that stingray looking cover to it that hides all of it - that has to be hand make and I have the metal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks