• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

yup - know really well about them world priority missions.getting the way. But I know when CAMO finally gets around to it - it will rock.

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like both projects will have to wait til the cold weather rolls in later in the year and we are forced inside the shop to work.:shrugs:
OK PB........I saw in one of your other posts that you stated its turned cold down there in Georgia. I guess you'll be back on this project right after the Georgia Rally is done.

Bert

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK PB........I saw in one of your other posts that you stated its turned cold down there in Georgia. I guess you'll be back on this project right after the Georgia Rally is done.

Bert
Yes Sir, that's the plan. We knew we wouldn't have it ready for the rally so we've been taking care of more pressing issues.

We HOPE to have her ready for the Veterans Parade this year.:roll:

zout

I can show ya two projects I have done in the last 2 years that have gone to chit:
1972 Chevelle
1964 Mustang

Which I get to see almost daily to remind me never to do this chit again - the harder they bark the less money they have, With PB and the CAMO issue its just TIME orientated - they will get it done and it will be awesome when done and completed.
For the Chevelle and Mustang - sooner or later the stuff I labored on and got paid jack chit for will be sold for rotting scrap rusted metal.

Hope ya see the final end to any PROJECTS done by Zout.

For now in the last year the only projects I have spent hard time on and the owners have appreciated it are Swiss the COUNT and PB - you can bring me your chit anyday and I will do ya proud while I still can.

Last edited:

zout

Sure would be nice to have that K18C in the Veterans Day Parade this year in full glory. Probably too busy painting the wood floor in it and the paneling.

goldneagle

I can show ya two projects I have done in the last 2 years that have gone to chit:
1972 Chevelle
1964 Mustang

Which I get to see almost daily to remind me never to do this chit again - the harder they bark the less money they have, With PB and the CAMO issue its just TIME orientated - they will get it done and it will be awesome when done and completed.
For the Chevelle and Mustang - sooner or later the stuff I labored on and got paid jack chit for will be sold for rotting scrap rusted metal.

Hope ya see the final end to any PROJECTS done by Zout.

For now in the last year the only projects I have spent hard time on and the owners have appreciated it are Swiss the COUNT and PB - you can bring me your chit anyday and I will do ya proud while I still can.
It just shows that the owners of those 2 cars do no appreciate what you did for them. I can feel your pain! I would be proud to have a Zout restore. Would treat it like it was fine crystal. Looking forward to seeing your next masterpiece.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure would be nice to have that K18C in the Veterans Day Parade this year in full glory. Probably too busy painting the wood floor in it and the paneling.
Well, that is sure tempting. Painting that wood is worth the airplane ride to Columbus. [thumbzup]

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't forget me and my m37! I really appreciated it! [thumbzup]

It was awesome just having the K18 at the rally. If you missed seeing it, you missed out!

zout

I heard vicious rumors of WHAT might be taking place down at the Hooch yesterday - any real live proof and pictures if it happened ?????

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I heard vicious rumors of WHAT might be taking place down at the Hooch yesterday - any real live proof and pictures if it happened ?????
I suspect Tinwoodsman started those vicious rumors about the re-powering of the K18-C taking place yesterday...BUT... Yesterday was a rather hectic day with other things happening!aua

We had breakfast at the VFW and headed to the hooch then two of the fellers were called home for semi-emergency situations and Tony and I ended up in a wrecker for awhile helping the dispatcher get caught up with police calls!!

THEN...we headed to Home Depot to get stuff to construct makeshift greenhouses (covers) for MB's palm trees so I wouldn't get neutered when I got home!rofl But by then it was dark... and now it's raining so I was given a reprieve until Tuesday to have it done.

SO...a direct answer to the question...NOTHING got done to the K18-C.:shrugs:

Last edited:

zout

I just knew TWM had a part in it - you should make him come up and help get that GH done. He may limp a bit but he deserves it after that vicious rumor.:deadhorse::deadhorse:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks