• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I think PB overlooked some posts made here - ahhhhhhh mmmmmmm (hint)
No Sir. I did not overlook the posts and I certainly appreciate the offers to help.

Truthfully...there are no major activities scheduled for CAMO until well into next year. The closest event is the Airshow in March and it does not matter if the truck is running/complete for that as folks will NOT be allowed to get in/on it.

We've all been spending well deserved down time with the families on the weekends as we have thankfully been very busy at work.

I'd actually forgotten how much fun MB and I had doing stuff together and the trucks have taken a back burner.[thumbzup]

saddamsnightmare

December 23rd, 2014.

PapaBear:

Now you can take the Holidays off from your WWII GMC restoration, but have you ever considered doing pickups for Toys for Tots with it? It would make quite a Santa Claus truck. Enjoy your Christmas in Georgia as tomorrow night we are due for a small amount of the detestable white stuff (no, not coke-Snow)!

Have a Safe and Happy Holiday Season! (No OD Santa Icons on here)!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well poop!!

I let major trucking companies store their OTR trucks here when the driver is down for a few days. They pay a small fee and are glad to have a safe place to store their vehicles. SO...

One of the major company drivers had his vehicle here for a few days and needed to pick it up this morning. No problem...we were open and having an auction so he waited (maybe 30 minutes) then tried to get out the gate...and there's plenty of room...but...he is a new driver and he ALMOST got killed on his second trip...by me.
Come to find out he was from the Hire a Vet" program so I let him live and only fussed at him a little.

He cut WAY to short and barely clipped the bumper on the K18-C but at least he was smart enough to stop before he did any real damage.

Anyhoo...I've decided to move the K18...LOL

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well poop!!

I let major trucking companies store their OTR trucks here when the driver is down for a few days. They pay a small fee and are glad to have a safe place to store their vehicles. SO...

One of the major company drivers had his vehicle here for a few days and needed to pick it up this morning. No problem...we were open and having an auction so he waited (maybe 30 minutes) then tried to get out the gate...and there's plenty of room...but...he is a new driver and he ALMOST got killed on his second trip...by me.
Come to find out he was from the Hire a Vet" program so I let him live and only fussed at him a little.

He cut WAY to short and barely clipped the bumper on the K18-C but at least he was smart enough to stop before he did any real damage.

Thankfully, bumpers are designed for collision protection. On historic vehicles, bumpers are best left unscathed lest to one who damages such an artifact be himself "history".

Carry on.

goldneagle

Well poop!!

Don't worry it'll buff right out! I think you need to buy my 40 x 40 building so you can store those valuable trucks in a safer place. I dropped my asking price to $11k.

zout

He was probably toooooooo busy checking it out as he entered the gate and upon trying to exit the gate - you hit what your looking at.

Its only a scratch and I think when the time ever comes of someone WHO maybe able to make it MAGICALLY DISAPPERAR - wa la.

Glad you did not stick it by Doc's M114rofl

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
He was probably toooooooo busy checking it out as he entered the gate and upon trying to exit the gate - you hit what your looking at.
Its only a scratch and I think when the time ever comes of someone WHO maybe able to make it MAGICALLY DISAPPERAR - wa la.
Glad you did not stick it by Doc's M114rofl
Actually, I think I've just about decided to send the whole shebang back to your AO and let you finish what ya started and we didn't finish.:-(

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PB has a PM with another very cool project he should totally do.

Everyone tell PB that he needs to build another WC....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks