• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

I would think the admin would have been on the hunt for a K-19. Or even that antenna that belongs on the drivers side radius. How about a set of bumperetts.

zout

I know, I know...give me a chance to breathe a little and I'll get her back to you

I am in no rush and just tinkering with other that other project until you get the time. It will all work out.

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PB,

I was glad to see an update posted on your project, but not once I saw the pictures.

If you want a new place to park it that is a little farther away from that gate, please feel free to drop it off next to my pole-barn. (PM me if you need the address for the flatbed driver)

Bert

Well poop!!

I let major trucking companies store their OTR trucks here when the driver is down for a few days. They pay a small fee and are glad to have a safe place to store their vehicles. SO...

One of the major company drivers had his vehicle here for a few days and needed to pick it up this morning. No problem...we were open and having an auction so he waited (maybe 30 minutes) then tried to get out the gate...and there's plenty of room...but...he is a new driver and he ALMOST got killed on his second trip...by me.
Come to find out he was from the Hire a Vet" program so I let him live and only fussed at him a little.

He cut WAY to short and barely clipped the bumper on the K18-C but at least he was smart enough to stop before he did any real damage.

Anyhoo...I've decided to move the K18...LOL

zout

T - dream on.

I learn from my ELDERS so being -5 this morning PB is smarter than I am not to have hauled it to Northern Camo yet - I would sit in the 80 degree greenhouse with a sippy pop in my hand dreaming of what I was going to do to it - get the picture.

GUESSING only - I would suspect in a few weeks to see a dually in my drive for delivery - anything sooner than that would just be a waste of time as cold as it is.
Learning from that same ELDER - all things come in good time - so that is my lesson for now - it will show when it shows - and when it does I will be ready.

Dang I get a kick of calling PB ELDER in big upper case letters like I am yelling ELDER ELDER :)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
T - dream on.

I learn from my ELDERS so being -5 this morning PB is smarter than I am not to have hauled it to Northern Camo yet - I would sit in the 80 degree greenhouse with a sippy pop in my hand dreaming of what I was going to do to it - get the picture.
GUESSING only - I would suspect in a few weeks to see a dually in my drive for delivery - anything sooner than that would just be a waste of time as cold as it is.Learning from that same ELDER - all things come in good time - so that is my lesson for now - it will show when it shows - and when it does I will be ready.
Dang I get a kick of calling PB ELDER in big upper case letters like I am yelling ELDER ELDER :)
Yup. Sweltering heat is one thing but freezing cold is another. If the K18 would fit in the garage it would already be there but I know you and you would be right out there on the ground freezing your twinkles off trying to finish the truck.

This uncommon cold snap should only last another week or two and we will see what happens next.

Also...I don't mind you calling me "ELDER". In fact, you can call me anything you want...except late for dinner!!roflrofl

zout

Any of ya out there with a CCKW - I need a paper overlay of the bumperetts - I think I have two pieces of steel left to fab two of them for the rear of the K. PM me if you can sketch them and mail it to me please.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Any of ya out there with a CCKW - I need a paper overlay of the bumperetts - I think I have two pieces of steel left to fab two of them for the rear of the K. PM me if you can sketch them and mail it to me please.
Let me check with a friend of mine. I just remembered I gave him the remains of a CCKW several years ago...maybe he hasn't scrapped it yet.:roll:

zout

Ok I'll wait patiently ------------------ahhh times up. If we get nothing I promise I will make a couple that look like Donald Duck and bolt them on from the steel I have. I have a couple pogo sticks left from the squirrels that did not understand them I can improvise them into the fab job :)

zout

Just think - as soon as PB brings me the K-18 I will be working on that and less time on SS to piss anyone off and just supply pictures - and the sooner it can get on the MV Poll of the month so I can start up again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks